Friday, February 19, 2010

How to remove black stains from clear shower sealant?

I have a shower with a clear sealant used around the fixtures and wherever 2 pieces were joined. That sealant now has black stains, mold/mildew? I have scrubbed it and used several different products but nothing seems to get to it. Is there anything I can do to get it clean with out replacing it? It is bugging me because the stains make it look like I don't clean my shower! And I do, really!


Thanks for any suggestions!How to remove black stains from clear shower sealant?
I had the same problem. Yes, it's mildew, and no, bleach won't get to it, because it's behind the silicone. Best solution is to remove the clear sealant and replace it with white (or tinted) DAP brand latex caulk. It isn't that hard to do.How to remove black stains from clear shower sealant?
mr clean sponges work well I cant believe what they will clean... if not recaulk sorry
Try dilute bleach.
  • curly hair styles
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment